When a bathroom comes to mind, what pops up in most people’s thoughts are showers, sinks, toilets, and the occasional bathtubs. A walk-in tub is not necessarily the first thing that comes to mind. However, for some, it is one of the most important fixtures in the bathroom. According to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, every year there are 235,000 people who get taken to the emergency room due to a bathroom-related injury. These said incidents increase and come to a peak after 85.
One way to help with this is the installation of Los Angeles walk-in bathtubs. Due to their functions, they may be able to help increase bathroom safety. Read on to see how they work.
Los Angeles Walk-in Bathtubs Systems
- Quick Fill System – When using the walk-in tub, the user sits in the tub, runs the water and waits for the tub to get filled. Time is of the essence, as we say, and to not waste any of it, the quick fill system has become a standard to most modern walk-in tubs. This system was designed to have that waiting time as short as possible.
- Quick Drain System – The same goes for when the user is done with bathing. With the user still in the tub, while water is being drained, the quick drain system will help with shortening that wait time as well. This enables a faster and efficient exit once done.
- Safe Seating System – To guarantee a smooth process of entering and exiting the Los Angeles walk-in bathtub, seats are already fitted and included in these fixtures.
Types of Walk-in Tub Doors
- Outward Doors – This type of door requires the user to reach out from the bathtub to open it. The downside to this is that it could cause an accidental opening and while still using the tub. Also, when choosing this type of door, space must be considered. Make sure that there are no bathroom fixtures that obstruct if from opening and closing.
- Inward Doors – This type of door, on the other hand, is opened from inside. This door type also includes a water tight seal that prevents leaks and is kept shut by the water pressure. These factors help avoid the accidental opening while mid-bath. Another great thing about this door is that since it opens into the actual tub, this will not cause any obstruction to the existing bathroom Fixtures.
Choose One Today
There are quite a lot of things to consider when choosing a Los Angeles walk-in tub. Head over to Walk-in Tubs Reviews as they are happy to guide you in choosing the right one. Find a local dealer today!