Atomic Bomb Facts that Will Blow Your Mind Away

An atomic bomb is a kind of nuclear weapon that causes an explosion more fatal than an ordinary bomb. It is due to the explosion of the atomic nucleus itself. The most notorious atomic bomb explosion happened in 1945 in Hiroshima and Nagasaki, Japan which resulted in thousands of deaths. Here are 10 fascinating facts about the atomic bomb that you can discuss on future Las Vegas group activities:

Dates to Remember

  • The first testing of the atomic bomb took place on July 16, 1945, causing a mushroom-shaped fireball that is 600 meters high. Finding out how it was made makes an exciting Las Vegas group activity.
  • Following the United States, the Soviet Union made their own atomic bomb and was tested in 1949, British in 1952, France in 1960, China in 1964, India in 1974, and Pakistan in 1998.
  • The U.S. and Russia had an agreement on December 31, 2012, to control the spread of nuclear weapons. But this deal failed and resulted in what is known as the nuclear arms race.

Shocking Statistics

  • The weight of the atomic bomb dropped on Hiroshima, Japan is 13 tons with the codename “Little Boy.”
  • On the same month, another atomic bomb with the code name “Fat Man” was dropped on Nagasaki, Japan. It weighs 22 tons and is heavier than the “Little Man” by 9 tons.
  • There are roughly 26,000 nuclear weapons ready to be launched at any moment.
  • 95% of nuclear weapons are owned by the United States and Russia, the remaining 5% are owned by Britain, France, China, Israel, and Pakistan.
  • The United States has developed more 67,000 nuclear missiles since 1951.
  • HEU (Highly Enriched Uranium) is a nuclear compound that is used to make nuclear weapons. We have 2,000 tons stock of this compound globally. Imagine, we can make 80,000 nuclear weapons just by using 15 to 25 kilograms of this compound.
  • When the Marshall Island was damaged due to a nuclear explosion, the U.S. paid a compensation of $759 million in the form of monetary and non-monetary recompenses.

Educational Las Vegas Group Activities

Can’t get enough of the facts? Why not see it for yourself and visit the National Atomic Testing Museum. Witness a replica of the Control Point for nuclear detonation and experience the Ground Zero Theater simulation. Learn about world events leading up to the establishment of the Nevada Test Site. Make it a family bonding and let your kids experience the fun-filled yet educational tour! Call now and put it on the list of your next Vegas group activity.

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s